the Metalartz Center Finder is a useful measuring and marking tool for any studio! In addition to finding the center of a round or oval disc, it also features a ruler on the flat edge that slides up to quickly draw out straight, parallel lines when laying out a new design. This jig is made in the USA and designed by professional jeweler and educator, David Baird. who has been creating and teaching jewelry making for nearly 40 years. This layout jig was specially designed and put into production over a decade ago to help his students create their ambitious projects and we are proud to offer it now!
- Quickly find the center of round or oval discs as well as squares, before drilling or laying out designs.
- Mark the center of a bezel’s back plate to attach an ear post or ring shank!
- Check for symmetry while laying out projects in metal or wax.
- Drill multiple holes along a center line, evenly!
- Locate 45 degrees on flat or square edges for mitered corners.
- Slide the front plate up to measure & mark parallel lines on surfaces. The plate can also be moved to make layout easier.
- Centimeter ruler on the bottom edge, measures up to 8 cm, with a 20-millimeter section for detail.
- Accommodates discs up to 50mm in diameter, of any thickness.
- Center slot is wide enough for a fine tip Sharpie® marker.
- 3-1/2" x 3-1/2" square.
- Made of clear acrylic – gridlines are permanently etched into surface, spaced 2mm apart, with orientation marks to make using the template easier.