Foredom's most popular flex shaft model, the SR Hang-up style Motor, is teamed up with the FCT-1 foot operated Speed Control in plastic housing and the #20 Handpiece. Shipping weight: 10.4 lbs.
Made in USA.
Foredom's 1/6 HP, universal, flexible shaft machine runs in forward and reverse rotation at speeds up to 18,000 RPM. The SR combines the most important features our customers expect — power, reversibility, reliability, and versatility. It comes equipped with a motor bale for hanging, and standard 39" long key-tip inner shaft and outer sheath for use with quick disconnect handpieces. CSA listed. Two Year Limited Warranty on Motor.
FCT Speed Control:
The reliable FCT is Foredom’s most popular speed control. It features solid state circuitry in a heavy duty plastic housing with an extra wide footprint, low profile, and non-skid pads on the bottom. It provides smooth control throughout the entire speed range. CSA listed. 7" long, 4-1/2" wide, 2-3/8" high.
The #20 is for exclusive use with 3/32" (2.35mm) shank burs. A lever action on the handpiece body is all that is required to change tools. It has a molded plastic front grip with tapered sides for easy and close handling, plus pre-lubricated ball bearings that do not require additional lubrication. Handpiece #20 measures 5-5/8" long x 1-1/8" diameter at the center tapering to 3/8" diameter at the front. Weighs 4 oz.
Advantages to running in Reverse:
- Left handed users have more control of the cutting tool.
- Reverse helps to keep dust and other debris flying away from right handed users.
- Alternating motor direction helps to extend the life of certain abrasives.
- Reverse helps with accomplishing symmetrical grinding and carving techniques.
- Reverse makes it easier to back out stuck drill bits.
- Alternating motor direction makes it easier and faster to polish metals.